Ibusa Association History
The Ibusa Association USA, Inc. was founded in 1996 in Washington, DC. The original local chapter, namely
- New York
- Southern California
- Washington, DC
Met in Washington DC area chapter as the first host of the National Convention 1996.
The first Executive Council, led by the first president, Mr. Alexander O. Okechukwu was elected.
The following Patrons and Matrons were also selected during this inaugural convention as part of the NEC.
- Prof. Chimgolum Nwabueze
- Prof. Augustine Esogbue
- Prof. Don Ohadike
- Mr. Augustine Nwaezeapu
- Mr. Don Okonma
The Presidents of the Ibusa Association USA in the past twenty (20) years are:
- Mr. Alex O. Okechukwu, 1st president, elected in Washington, DC in 1996
- Mr. Fidelis Iwugo, 2nd president, elected in Chicago in 1998
- Barrister Emmanuel Nwuli, 3rd president, elected in Atlanta in 2001 (no convention due to lack of hosts)
- Dr. Caesar A. Adigwe, 4th president, elected in 2002 in Los Angeles, CA (No convention due to lack of hosts)
- Mr. Augustine Odume, 5th president, elected in 2004 in New York Convention and again in 2006 in Atlanta Convention)
- Mr. Ashmedua Obata, 6th president, elected in Memphis TN Mini-Convention in 2009
- Ms (Rev.) Ndidi Obidi, 7th President, elected in Atlanta in 2011 (no convention due to lack of host. Elected again in Houston Convention in 2013. In Houston Convention, the constitution was amended to allow the president to govern for three (3) years.
- Mr. John Agoh, 8th president, elected in Johnson City, TN in Mini-Convention in 2016.